Ok how many of you cut in the rain?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by NarNar, Jul 19, 2010.

1. bradseabridge

bradseabridge LawnSite Senior Member

I mow in light rain, and finish something I started in a downpour. But I wont mow after it's been raining all night that will tear stuff up. Besides I try to get home asap when it starts to rain to cover my equipment up with the tarp.

2. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

As long as it's not tearing up the turf, lightning real close or old testament style flood conditions; we cut till we drop.

3. Yea, you gotta watch out for those old testament style floods, they can be killers.

4. lakesregionscapes

lakesregionscapes LawnSite Member

Only mow in the rain if we're running out of dry days to make it up: wet mowing makes for bad cutting and red thread flareups (customers always love a pink lawn... http://www.lawnsite.com/images/smilies/nono.gif ) and cranky employees. If we have to mow, we try to stick to the thin "low maintenance" lawns, and leave the plush ones for drier days.

5. NarNar

NarNar LawnSite Senior Member

That is very funny! Ha ahh:usflag:

6. NarNar

NarNar LawnSite Senior Member

Better find your "mosses staff".

7. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I agree. I usually do the same.

8. shooterm

shooterm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Currently I've averaged one rain day a week for my normal fulltime job. I wouldn't mow in a downpour but feel I dont have to much problems with it. I need a bigger blower. Smaller one doesn't pick up the clipping on the cement when wet. Also I like mulching more and more because I dont get a windrow and if I slow it down abit dont get clumps. If this was my fulltime job or I knew I had extra tim to get to a lawn I wouldnt.

9. BCLawns

BCLawns LawnSite Member

light rain yes. heavy rain or thunder, no.

10. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm the same here