Ok I bought an eXmark metro 21?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by outrunjason, Aug 30, 2004.

1. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

I went to a dealer in my area and they were not carrying the kawasaki proline toros do to them having bad head gaskets. So I went to another dealer that had them cheaper.

I get over to this other dealer and they have an exmark toro 6.5 what is this? Is it as good as the proline toro?

Jason in Dallas

2. They are the same mower ..just different engine options and the exmark doesnt have the recycler kickers under the mower deck.Same wheels same tranny same mower deck minus the kickers .

3. outrunjason

from dallas

Yeah, the handle is a bit smaller also in thickness. The blade has only about 2 inch of cut on it compared to the longer cut on the 22040. So are kickers a big deal to have because the can be put on if needed.

4. You can put a toro blade on it if you want ..The recycler kickers aint no big deal ...A lot of guys take em off anyway .
    I have the exmark with the kawi when it was rated at 5.5 hp.and it cuts great baggs good ..On my toro i left the kickers on seems to mulch a little better to me but like i said they aint no huge deal.A lot of guys take them off em anyway .

5. outrunjason

from dallas

I am so glad to hear I can put a toro blade on it. They were saying I couldn't. But I have about 10 Toro blades that I alternate. I was thinking if it is the same deck how could you not use a toro blade. I just can't believe that this dealer told me on the phone they had a proline toro and I drive all the way over to find an exmark stamped on it.

I want to find some other people on here that have them and what they like or dont like about them vs Toro proline.

6. jason
    As long as the blade has three holes like in the pic it will work on the exmark 21 bbc or zone start either one .

7. jason
    As long as the blade has three holes like in the pic it will work on the exmark 21 bbc or zone start either one

8. outrunjason

from dallas

Are those gator blades for the Toro?

9. outrunjason

from dallas

Ok, I have to say now after purchasing this mower I am not satisfied. I was furious today. I started mowing and the realized all the nuts were loose on the handle to the frame. I have only used it 2 full days. So, ok all I need to do is tighten the bolts right. Wrong

I start to tighten one of the bolts and it breaks right off. Now come on whoever says these are like toro's are wrong. What kind of quality is that. I called my dealer and said look this is crap. They said to bring it in and they would fix it. I could care less if they fix it. They are just going to put back in another bolt that is going to break on me.

I called eXmark and asked about this and he said they have had a few 21's that the bolts have come out. I said well your mower handels are flimsy and the bolts are crap. He said that there handles are smaller in diameter because they use stronger tubing than toro does on there handles. Right.

He said to just take it to my dealer and have them fix it. He says the handle should have very little play in it. Well mine moves a lot and you can't tighten the nut or it breaks.

Anyone else have this problem?

10. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

They come off the Same Assembly Line....My 21" Prolines Frequently have Loose Hardware When New....Check & Tighten Everything....Then wait for the fun to begin w/the height adjust levers...They Are Finiky to Set so you can Move them Easily.....The Mowers Only Weak Point....

Your handle May be Missing the Brace....