OK! I give up

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Southern Lawns, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Southern Lawns

Southern Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Have been searching the internet for an hour (did a search on Lawnsite) and still a dead end. I'm looking for a parts supplier that has both Kawasaki air filters (23 HP) and blades for Exmark. I seem to find the blades all day but not the air filters.
    Filter part number "calls for a standard filter" Ugh! Got the op manual out and looked but no part number. All the filters I view online do not look like the right ones. I bought a few filters when I bought the machine, going to the dealer is an event so I was trying to do it the EASY way :rolleyes: . If anyone can help let me know. Thanks.
    Raymond

2. Southern Lawns

You run the same machine? Right. Are you using the circle "car" filter for the Kaw 23?
    Will check out the links. Thanks!

3. kerr lawn

kerr lawn LawnSite Member

also try Power41.com really nice ppl on the phone.
    Asked for mowers blade and she called me back within 10 min to tell me that they had them.
    good luck
    bryan

4. I run those Kohlers with the Nelson/Kohler cyclonic filters on all my eXmark mowers.

I think engineair sells them for Kaw now, about $250

5. Southern Lawns

Thomas link didn't have it and LSSupply might but no pic and no description. This filter looks like a regular car filter (a little smaller) but has a metal cap sealing the top and a hole for the stud and wingnut. This shouldn't be so difficult. I'll try Power41 next.

6. Southern Lawns

Power41 is a no go! Home page loads like a champ but cannot access anything else. Hmmm... must not want my money:D

7. Alan Bechard

Alan Bechard LawnSite Member

I once heard that if you take a Kohler air filter readilly available at the local store, and you carefully cut the metal top off the old Kawasaki filter it will push down on the kohler filter and seal just fine, then you add a tall nut to the air cleaner stud and a short peice of 6mm thread rod and whammo, you do not have to buy $18 Kawasaki air filters any more, you can run the $6 Kohlers or Napa or Carquest or whoevers.

I would not truly know this of course but could probably fine you the numbers to use if needed:D

Course, this probably makes the Kawasaki rep:angry: and the warranty would probably be:angel: if I had done this on my mower but I keep putting $18 each filters on mine until the warranty is out:rolleyes: I just still have a hard time with the $250 for the improved filtration.

Just a thought.

Al B

8. Southern Lawns

And a good one! Will look into it. Thanks

9. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I do not have a hard time with the price of heavy filteration on my kaw. I am sick of buying the paper filters, they get bad quick when dry,dusty, and leaf season is comming fast. I am going to get the heavy duty filter for mine.
    Mabey you should check with the dealers about prices for the filter kit. They might not be as high as that.