OK... I Give Up!

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Clay, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Clay

Clay LawnSite Member

Can't find a monster engine on a 36" deck, so am going to go with the TTHP twin 15 Kawi.... Then, if I like it, will also get a larger deck and replace my 44" toro Z.... Just too much weight with the Z for the Oregon Coast.... Only about 300 hours on it...

Next problem... closest decent dealer??? I live in Brookings, OR on the coast at the California/Oregon border... zip 97415.... Can you help me find the closest dealer that has this unit so I can at least go there and drive it before ordering one (have only used t-bar and Z's)

Couple other questions about the unit please...

Because of the soft conditions on the coast, is there a way to increase the tire size (width)??? What is the ground psi for this unit?

And, will I need the weight kit with a proslide?

What is the suggeted retail? What have some of you guys paid for this machine???

Thanks, Clay

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hey Clay,

Thanks for the post. Here are your three closest Exmark Dealers:

91 miles

DIAMOND POWER EQUIPMENT
    5664 N UMPQUA HWY
    ROSEBURG, OR 97470
    Phone: 541-673-1416
    E-mail: service@diamondpowerequipment.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

131 miles

D & D SEEDS
    7343 S 6TH STREET
    KLAMATH FALLS, OR 97603
    Phone: 541-882-7799
    Fax: 541-882-2119
    E-mail: tg333@cvc.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

146 miles

FUN SPORT KART & MOWER
    1300 HARTNELL
    REDDING, CA 96002
    Phone: 530-226-9000
    Fax: 530-222-1937
    E-mail: justwild@funsportkarting.com

Here's the deal. I contacted all three of these dealers, and none of them had this particular mower in stock. I'm going to contact our distributor and ask them if they can get and get it to you. Will you buy it if we can get it there? Before we start firming things up, I have to talk to someone from our distributor for the NW to see how they want to work this.

Could you put wider tires on the 36" TTHP? You could, but you're somewhat limited by the width of the deck. If you go beyond the width of the deck, that will cause some cut quality issues because you'll be running over the grass you have yet to cut. We put 16 x 6.50-8's on the 36" TTHP. On the 48" and 52" TTHP's, we put the 16 x 7.50-8's. I don't think there's much room for the wider tires. I would first experiment with tire pressure and see where the best psi setting is for those extremely wet conditions.

I couldn't tell you what the psi of the machine is. I'll check into that and try to get you this information ASAP.

You asked about weights for your Pro Slide. Are you going to be cutting a lot of hills? If you are, I would try it without the weights first. If you feel you need the weights, you can always order them. The part number is 103-2637, and they cost around $70. It's more common for cutters to put the weight kit on the 32" or 36" fixed deck models, like the Metro or Viking Hydro. Try it first without, and see what you think.

The suggested retail on the 36" Turf Tracer HP with the 15-hp Kaw. is approximately $4700 (+/- $250). Let me know if you have any questions. Please respond to my questions ASAP. The sooner you respond, the sooner I can start working on this deal. You can either call me at 402/223-6212, or you can e-mail me at dustin.schwab@exmark.com.

Clay. . .E-mail me your contact information, so I can get you in touch with the distributor. Then the two of you can work out the specifics. I just spoke with the distributor, and they are holding one TT3615KAC for you. They only have three left.

Talk to you later,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Support

3. Clay

Clay LawnSite Member

Dustin,

Thanks for your help... Talked with the distributor and they are working on it! Will try and let you know how it works out... and how the unit handles with the proslide...

Hopefully, I will like the setup so I can sell my Z and get a TT 52" with the 23 Kawi :).....

Clay