ok i have the info now''please help''

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jnhowell1, Jan 20, 2007.

1. jnhowell1

jnhowell1 LawnSite Member

alright here is what i was told , 75 homes of seniors. next year they hope to double it , this is a new program. its just a cut and weed eat and blow thats it. 0to 7500- 7501
    7501-9600
    9601-13000
    13,001-20,000
    and an amount for each additional 2,500sq ft over 20,000

i need to give him an amount for these i really need this bid and i need to come a good amount under without being to low can you guys please help thanks p.s they are homes not a community developement they are spread out.

2. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

I think the reason you haven't got a reply yet is because they may not understand your question. I know I don't understand your question.:confused:

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Werd!!! Please put in lawn care terms(simplify) :) :) :) :)

4. marionlandscape

marionlandscape LawnSite Member

I assume those are ranges of square footage right?
    what equipment will you use on them? do you have to use a 21" can you use a 48" or 60"?
    how many trees/shrubs to cut around?
    will there be hills/valleys?
    not enough info for a rate.

5. jnhowell1

yes that is the sq footage given to me. 36 inch walk behind just normal yards from what im told . what would be a fair price based on that sq footage

6. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Come on you must have some idea of what to charge...I mean those are 'normal' sized lawns in most areas...so what do you charge for normal sized lots...

Be careful this is something you could really lose your shirt on if you don't bid it well.

7. jnhowell1

wow, man i never knew all of you would make this more of a pain then i thought . i just wanted to know what a few of u thought . you all are putting to much into it . thanks i guess i will just wing it

8. Overworked069

Overworked069 LawnSite Member

$25, $30, $35, and $5 for each 2500 sq. ft. over 20,000. It is senior housing so someone will probably bid lower, but you won't make any $$$ if you bid less.

9. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

I say $40, $45, $50. You may be able to drop them by $5 because they are all together. Add in leaf removal and shrub trimming and you got yourself a proposal for the basic services. If they have mulch add that in too. Add all of that up and divide by 12 and submit it. Follow up a week or two letter.

Hope this helps.

10. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

Since you're using a 36" why not figure around $5-6 ph to operate the mower. Then trimmer and blower a couple bucks each. Then figure how much it'll cost to get the stuff on site. If you have insurance and all the rest figure that in also.

Lets use $15 in expenses ph. Well add what you want to make per hour to the $15, figure how long it'll take you to do the whole job, multiply and give'em that price.

If you want $15 ph in pay, then use $30 ph. If you figure it'll take 10 hours to finish the job, the bid will be $300.

Plug in your own numbers - cannot answer those for you.