Ok i'm probably nuts......but???????

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by AB Lawn Care, Oct 4, 2000.

1. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Ok go easy on me here!It's most likely a stupid idea...but is it possible?????I recently bought a 88 ford f-150.It has a 302 fuel injected engine.I know you would NEVER be able to plow snow with it (DUH!)But I was thinking.....If you beefed up the rear suspension and put ALOT of weight in the back.....Would you be able you use a rear plow???????Ok go easy on me!!!!!!!!

2. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

You can change that probably to certifiably ;) Just kidding! I have no idea what the answer is. One of the other guys will speak up I'm sure. Good luck.

3. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

my opinion is that you would still need four wheel drive

4. diggerman

diggerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

I didnt see the part about no 4x4, is it or not,if it is then sure,if not, I don't think so.No 4x4 and snow removal do not mix very well,weight and chains might work but why,it will be more hassel than its worth.

5. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Ya 2wd!I know it was a stupid question but,hey!It was worth a try!

6. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

If you got 4X4, then you can plow. I would suggest adding some sort of load boster to both the front and rear suspension. Only if it has the 3800 gvw front end, and was made between 80-96, you would probably be alright with out suspension mods if ya didn't have the $$. If ya got the money due the mods, if ya don't have 3800 front gvw do the mods.

Geoff

7. JCurtis

JCurtis LawnSite Senior Member

Why would you buy a 2wd ford F150, and then ask this question? Are you considering only using the back plow to do all the work? What kind of plowing are you planning to do? Only residential?

The optimum thing would be to sell the 150, buy a 4wd truck 3/4 or 1 ton put a plow on the fron and the back plow on the back.

If you salt you will have to find a back plow that is compatiable with a spreader use ( Snowman ) aren't too many used ones around that I know of.

Think about it!