Ok, its finally time to buy!!!!! opinions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lzrj, Jun 28, 2006.

1. lzrj

lzrj LawnSite Member

Ive been on this site for many months now reading as much as I can to help in my quest to find a mower (I feels like I know everything about mowers now but that still doesn't make me a good decision maker). After reading everything I have and looking at everything out there, I have narrowed my picks to three. Here they are.

1) Cub Cadet M48 23hp
    2) Ferris 1500 21hp
    3) Hustler Mini Z 19hp

All have the 48" deck and all dealers seem like they will be there after the sale. The Ferris I like because of the suspension making for a smoother ride. The Tank I like because it is big, muscular and looks very well made. I like the Hustler because everyone else seems to like them and I see them used around here a lot by the professionals. I can get all three between the prices of $6,075 - $6,375 out the door which is at my MAX price range. Which one of these mowers would be the best for this homeowner with 4 aces to mow and produce a good looking cut. The one with the most favors will probably make my finally decision.

2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Go with which ever one you will get the best service from the dealer. Ask the dealer questions such as there turn around time on a broken mower. I am partial to Cub Tanks. Ours is brand new with only 54 hours on it so far. BTW we have the M48 with 23 kaw.

3. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

the ferris is said to be one of the most user friendly and most comfortable machines around.

4. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

m48 cub.....my z-wing is great I have the first m48 that came out in the shop as a backup...cuts / runs just as good as my new ztr

5. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

get that mini z ...i have it...its awesome....i wouldnt have anything but a hustler ever again!!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

6. Budget

Budget LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

I have a Ferris 1500 52" 25 hp. so far i can't complain about it. But don't think it will ride like a Caddy, cause it wont. But smooths it out some.

Like Prostreetcamaro, said go with a good dealer close to you. If you are going so save a $100 going to someone furhter are you realy saving?

Good luck

7. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Hustler, Hustler, Huster.

8. leading edge lawn service

leading edge lawn service LawnSite Member

I have the 23/52 mini Z and love it. I would highly recommend Hustler. But it also depends on your dealers in your area. Mine for Hustler is close by and gives great service.

9. lzrj

lzrj LawnSite Member

One problem I have is how do you really know what dealer will give you good service until after you buy and then deal with them for repairs (which I hope will not happen for last least 10 years). I don't know anyone personally to ask that has dealings with any of our local dealers. I can ask each dealer questions but they all are going to tell me good things about themselves. Since I'm not a commercial cutter I think for me the most important is the best mower and not really rely on which dealer will be the best.

10. logan

logan LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

The one that is the closest to where you are working the most (that will provide the fastest and best repairs). I also like a lot of speed and comfort in my mowers.