OK, lets tally up December's Totals

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by cutntrim, Dec 31, 2000.

1. cutntrim

cutntrim LawnSite Senior Member

Some guys (John!, Eric and the other Chicago guys, myself and the other Canadian guys) have got a lot of snow so far. Some others haven't. So how much did you get in December? How many times/days were you out?

My unofficial snow total for December is 108cm which is about 42". So we're basically neck-and-neck with Chicago, Eric.

We were out plowing 12 times (10 times "full-route") during the month, and salted 8 times (5 times "full-route").

No major equipment problems to report...so far.

2. EPP200

EPP200 LawnSite Member

We have been out 11 times (counting times for this thread as 1 entire snow event). Of course, during the Dec. 11/12 Blizzard here 14" snow and snow drifts 3'-4' deep (even with making continueing passess) we were out for several several days straight almost non-stop becasue after that Blizzard we received 2"+ snowfalls every other day for about a week straight. It was NUTS but at the same time it was AWESOME.

Actually got to feel how JOHN feels every month every Winter every Year. You are one lucky dog John!

ED

3. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

41 days in a row now. Plus the three pushes prior to this starting. Some accounts have been plowed 60+ times. At the lakeshore we've had 94", at the Interstate (two miles south of the lakeshore and where the lake effect kicks in) we've had 175+.

Now, we're incredibly busy with the nor'easter and the aftermath (stacking and hauling).

Been a long winter.

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Where I live, we've had about 2". We were suppose to get clobbered with a 15" storm over the weekend, but it missed us.

5. cutntrim

cutntrim LawnSite Senior Member

175"+...WOW! That's why we seldom drive to Cleveland to see my grandparents there this time of year. I-90 (I think it's I-90?) is always getting buried with snow and it takes forever to make the drive.

6. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I have about 1 1/2-2 feet of snow right now.This is one of those years I hate being on contract!!!!!

7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

We got 20-22",all yesterday.i would like to have had it spread out over a weeks time-but ill take it anyway I can get it(Thanks Santa,and John Allin).

8. JCurtis

JCurtis LawnSite Senior Member

I know this is nowhere near the totals of you guys in Erie and Chicago or Buffalo but hear goes...

For the month of December in Stmford Connecticut approximately 19 inches of snow, with at 16 inches of it coming yesterday.

Its about time!!!!!

Wishing you all a safe, prosperous, and a Happy New Year.

9. DaveO

DaveO LawnSite Member

We have a GRAND total of about 4" for the season so far, over 3 events no less.

Hey John, can ya quit hoggin all the snow!?

Dave

10. plow kid

plow kid Banned

In toledo we have had 31.5 inches of snow spread out over 10 events including yesterdays 7 incher, roughly 18-20 days of plowing out 15 times, 1 major ice storm about 2-3 days of salting here,thats how much snow we got last year, total
    for the entire season