1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

OK - Now what?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 4-Leaf, Sep 23, 2007.

1. 4-Leaf

4-Leaf LawnSite Member

The center deck spindle seized up on my 2005 52" Toro Z-Master.
    So I took the large center nut off -- then I removed 3 smaller bolts from the pulley and the pulley came right off. So far, so good.

Then I looked down and saw the weird triangle thing the 3 bolts were in -- still attached to the spindle - and a weird little key in there seemed to be -- uh --- scrunched? ... twisted a bit to the side?

Anyway -- nothing budges now -- and I've never taken one apart before so I don't really even know if I need a press/puller etc.

I was about to start hitting it with a hammer but I figured I'd post here first. I did a thread search but couldn't find the info. I went to the Toro website to try to find a repair manual (which I would have paid for) but found nothing available for Z-Masters.

Anybody have any hints for me? Thanks.
  2. AbracadabraLawnCare

AbracadabraLawnCare LawnSite Member

I replaced the spindle on the same side as the shoot on my 44" toro and didnt need a puller or a press. Just a little bit of elbow grease did the trick. It was way easier than I'd expected it to be.

AbracaDabra Lawn Care
  3. 4-Leaf

4-Leaf LawnSite Member

Nevermind -- I got it -- didn't want anyone wasting their time with more answers on this -- thanks.