OK OK :) so you all were right..

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Poncho25, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

So, being that that thread i started is closed, and after thinking about everything that was said...you guys were right...i got to this 700k house, and i kid you not the back yard was about 2 feet in hight or longer....now this was the guy who i had to drive 40 min to get to, and gave him a price quote based just soly on his lot size...My mistake and will never do it again, but...on a good note, after getting there, i called the guy and told him that his yard hasn't been kept up for what looks like over a month, he then agreed, i told him that I would have apreciated him telling me that information when I asked...so I told him that its going to be 150 for the job instead of the 87, he was kind of upset...i told him that i will gladly give him his money back if he wishes to find someone else...he said no no no, just do it, and he wired me the remainder of the money through paypal.

I am def learning alot as I go and from posting here, I have no issues with MM if he wished to blast at people but if somene like him, who states they are very successful, don't just beat up the new guy, beat em up then tell him what to do diferently the next time around is all i am looking for...

thanks again guys.

In business now going into the start of my 3rd week, and have 13 signed yearly contracts, as much as I might be off about some things and I am learning, I must be doing something right.

2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Congrats for stickin to your guns. Now if only the other 30,000 members could do the same lol.

3. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

That'd be great!:laugh:

4. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

In the end, when the chips were down, you handled in perfectly. Remember you may never have gotten the job in the first place if you were unwilling to price it over the phone. It's an ESTIMATE, if things are out of wack you adjust on site.