Ok Ok U Talked Me Into It Now How?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Drivefaster35, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Drivefaster35

Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

OK I've been debating for quite some time on weather or not to go liquid for my broadleaf control app. Finally I decided to go to liquid due to there great results versus granular application. Now I really need your help such as what product do you suggest I do deal a lot with Lesco. I am also curious as to where most of you get your spraying equipment i REALLY don't feel like paying $3,000 for the kit at lesco versus maybe buying it seperatly and setting it up myself with a tank sprayer hose etc etc. any help advice or tips would be awsome!!! By the way I am Licences insured (laggit) however, I am very new to fertilizer and do not want to be a screw up rockie thanls fellas!

2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I recommend using a 3 way herbicide like triplet for your weed-control you will get good results and its pretty economical. I have a 200 gal lesco sprayer I will sell you for $1200.

3. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

Depending on your operation, you could go several ways. As Indy said, look for a good used unit. There are some in the lawnsite marketplace (search that specific forum for "sprayer" or it'll take days to find them, there are so many other listings there), or check e-bay. Search e-bay under "lesco," "lawn sprayer," "chemical sprayer," or just "sprayer'" and then on the left narrow your search to outdoor power equipment, or home and garden. Or, you could look at the new push spreader atrtachment from Perma-Green. It's somewhere around $350-$400, but for an entry level unit, that's relatively inexpensive.
    As far as product, shop around. I used Triplet and Strike 3 last year. I have also used Lesco's Three Way Herbicide with success. There's always good old Trimec in any number of formulations (Classic, 992, etc...). The number of "three ways" is probably too long to get on one post here, so shop around. Just be sure when comparing products, you're comparing the same percentages of the active ingredients.

4. Drivefaster35

Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Indy I have a couple of questions but I am interested. How old is your sprayer? Is it in good condition? Why are you getting rid of it? Thanks

5. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

The sprayer is 5-6 yrs old. I haven't used it at all the last 2 years since I have a PG. its in very good shape. I used it mainly for weed & insect control. I'm not planning on using it so thats why I'm getting rid of it.

6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I run Momentum, which is now Momentum fx2 from Lesco.

I've had what I and my customers believe are excellent results, so I don't really care to change.

If you can at all afford it, I'd look at PG's website and try to swing one of the used ride on units from there.

You'll be able to do so much more work and not be beat from pulling a hose.

Although, if that's all you can afford, then that's all you can afford too....