Ok Please Dont bash me for this one.Im new.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by CameronRawr, May 17, 2006.

1. CameronRawr

CameronRawr LawnSite Member

Ok I'm going to try and get some yards this summer and maybe continue a side buisness with this.Im not a novice in grass cutting but I dont know how to make the yard look GOOD.I want to be able to make the customer like their yard after I am done.So heres my question.How do you make stripes in the yard?Im guessing its a lot easier to do it with a push mower.So if anyone can explain in some detail how to make the stripes in yards I would apperciate any advice.Thanks in advance.

ps and Hey to everyone.Just signed up today.:)

2. CBramble

CBramble LawnSite Member

You need a striping kit. Do a search you should find what your looking for...

3. CameronRawr

Is there any way to do it without one of those?

4. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

5. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

On the green bar above, there is a search button, type in "striping" and it'll be bring up a bunch of topics for you to read. You can find just about everything you can imagine. Use this search often. It will keep you very busy.
    Welcome!

6. CameronRawr

ahh nevermind.these things do not look that expensive.

What do they run usually?

7. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

I hate striping at least it doesn't work for me. It only points out how crooked my lines are :(

8. mr mow

mr mow LawnSite Senior Member

first off its easier to stipe with a commercial mower, you want to go the extra mile get a stiping kit. most homeowners dont care about the stripes or dont really notice them till you point it out. last point... can you vaccuum the carpet well get stripes, get it to look like a bacgammon board. its about refelction of light. and last use every inch of your mower width while still cutting all the grass at the same time. begin with straight lines.

9. CameronRawr

yeah thats what Im wanting to start with.Just straight lines.

10. CameronRawr

So Im trying to google and find prices for striping kit.What do I type in.Im not finding anything.