Ok tell me how it looks

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by outrunjason, Jan 8, 2006.

1. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

Ok, I am not an expert at putting together a website but have had one for about a year now. I decided to give it a new look this year. It is still being worked on but for now if you were a customer looking for a lawn service would this help you at all?

If you notice I have an online calendar. This was a huge hit with my customers last year. They loved being able to go online and see when there service day was. However I am trying to use excel and it is hard to figure out how to get it on the web and convert it to htm or mht whatever.

2. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe it would help if you added a link to your website.

3. outrunjason

from dallas

haha. :) Yeah, well I thought it looked good like this. lol. Oh man you can tell I have been working for days on this thing.

www.jasonslawnservice.com

4. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

First thing I would change...add a page listing your contact information. Email links just don't cut it in my book. Heck, the only reason I know you're from the Dallas area is because of you listing your location here on lawnsite.
    Second...don't list how cheap you are. If I'm Joe homeowner and run across your website I would expect to pay you $25 for cutting, edging, trimming and blowing off the drive and walkways on my 1 acre property. Heck, I wish you lived in Louisville. I would give you enough work to take up your entire week and only have to pay $75.

5. outrunjason

from dallas

I am currently adding a page for contact information. But having some trouble so yeah that is coming. I am also going to have (not sure what to call it yet) but a page where everyone can find out the latest information. Maybe it is going to rain all day and we wont be there they could click on the site and it would tell them that. Also things like water restrictions that are in effect a link to a local weather radar, stuff like that. I had that on my old one.

The areas I service is something that I did forget but have not decided where to put it. Once you start typing somewhere everything moves around.

Now you mentioned that you would expect to pay $25. What exactly do you mean? The reason I ask is this. Here most lawns go for $20 to $25 and maybe a few for $30. So, I put that there so everyone knows. One of my pet peeves is when I get something in the mail and it doesn't have a price on it. Also I know that seems cheap and it kinda is but here that is what it is. I was up north in Ohio at a friends house visiting and he just happned to have a lawn company coming over to give him an estimate on his lawn. The guys said $40 bucks. My friend said ok. I was like you have got to be kidding. Here that would be $25 bucks tops maybe $30. But different places and market equals something different.

I will do some more work here and see what happens. Thanks for the info.

6. kirk brown

kirk brown LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

i dunno i like it, i made my own from bravehost and i don`t like it at all.
    were kind of the same here, my min. is $25.00 cdn. and a lot of people think that`s high.

7. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member