1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ok tell the truth

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by traman, Feb 21, 2005.

1. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

ok lets just say everybody on this sight was not in the lawn care busness and did somthing else ,dosnt matter what you do ,it just has nothing to do with landscaping,lawn care ,sprinklers , fertilizing ,tree trimming ect. would you hire someone that charges the same that you charge or would you do it yourself . i for one would do it myself,i have never had someone do any outside work for me since i was old enough to do it myself or at least had a friend to help me. so tell the truth , remember its what you charge not just have the neighborhood kid do it for $5.00 bucks ! think about it
  2. Winter must be getting long.
  3. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I would do it myself. There are very few things around the house that I can't or won't do myself.
  4. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

I would do it myself.....
    I'm just glad there are plenty of people out there that don't want to do it them selves,
    their the kind of people that keep us all in business.
  5. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I haven't cut my grass in 5 years .... my company does it as a perk
  6. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

I would do it myself...but I have more free time than money. The people I sell to have more money than time.
  7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Most the stuff I will do it myself, if I have the time, the knowledge and I can do it in a safe manner.

If I get old and can't do the work to my own lawn that I am doing now.....would I pay somebody what I charge? Sure, I do great work at a fair price!!!
  8. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

I would do it myself !
  9. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I was raised watching my Dad, an office professional by trade, work on our vehicles, change oil, plugs, just about anything auto related, lawn related, carpentry/construction, electrical and plumbing related. He was raised this way, his father, my grandfather owned a service station. I do most of the things such as lawn/landscape, auto related, and some carpentry/construction, electrical and plumbing related. No I'm not undertaking the pole building I'm having put up, mainly because I want it done fast and I got a great price :) . I have framed up and finished basement living space, worked on outside hydrants, roofing etc.

If I can do it myself and can make the time to do it, or the time to complete is immaterial I will not pay someone double or better the amount it would cost me to do myself. But I will happily take someone elses money to do these things they do not wish to do or know how to do.

10. Cobra Jock

Cobra Jock LawnSite Member

I would do it myself payup