Ok whats the best cutting 44" ZTR on the market?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProStreetCamaro, Jul 10, 2004.

1. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Top say's it all. In your opinion what is the BEST 44" ztr out there right now?

2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

MY GRAVELY>.....Hands down the best! Its also for sale...Wanna buy it?

Trevor

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Can someone tell me why you would have a 44" Z???

4. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

It works fine for me...It was the first mower i looked at and had an excellent deal on it.

Trevor

5. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Toro Z Master 44" and it works perfect for me because I have to fit it in the garage with both my parent's cars and most of my lawns are not that large anyway, so it is the best mower for me.

6. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Because it will go through most gates!

7. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

most of my gates only the 36 would fit through i wish i had a gate were i could get my ztr through

8. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Because 48 inch gates are often not quite 48 inches or the gate has some damm hinge in the way that is why this year I picked up a 44 inch lazer. Its no where near as efficient as her older brother. But even though my 60 is faster the little mower will beat it off the line it has very quick acceleration and it’s been a real asset for us on the smaller lawns. While it doesn’t match a full size ZTR it kicks our 48 inch metro’s ass. It has 4 less inches of deck yet cuts easily 2-3 times as much in the same amount of time.

I have around 125 accounts this spring it was taking us 6 days with 2 men on 3 of the days and 3 men on the other 3 to get my lawns cut. Now we have a second ZTR we run 2 crews of 2 men this week we got it done in 2 days flat. Not sure how much more I would be doing with a second 60 but the 44 is definitely holding her own.

9. pcguy

pcguy LawnSite Member

Snapper ZT1844KOH. It's not quite commerical but far from residential. I use one as I only have smaller properties. Built like a tank.

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

44" eXmark Lazer Z HP
    44" Hustler Mini Z
    44" Gravely PM144Z
    44" Toro

Demo one of each and draw your own conclusions..... :D