Okay...How about Exmark vs. Quick 36?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SnoMan97, Apr 15, 2005.

1. SnoMan97

SnoMan97 LawnSite Member

I posted a thread earlier tonight asking opinions of the Exmark Metro 36 vs. the Bobcat Classic 36. After reading the opinions I have decided the "classic" is not for me.
    Would the Quick 36 Super Duty be a better choice for the money over the Exmark? With the Quick 36 being a hydro and having electric start and a few other cool options(not to mention being about $250 less than the Metro) I thought maybe it would be worth a shot. Is the hydro option that much better than the belt drive? Grrrrr. So darn confusing. :realmad:
    I hope I can make a decision soon. This comparison shopping is making my head spin. :dizzy:
  2. CBB

CBB LawnSite Member
    from MS/LA

demo both of them and it should help in decison making.
  3. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

In that small of a mower, I love Toro Belt Drive T bar, NO FATIGUE, and fast easy mowing
  4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I'm not familiar with the "Quick36" (never used or saw one) But I just bought a Metro HP 36 it takes a little getting used to but now I think its great! Built like a tank. I belive the Quick36 uses only 1 hydro motor for both rear wheels, if so I don't think thats such a good idea but demo both and see what ya like. :waving:
  5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Demo if you can. But if you go down hills the hydro is better.
  6. Doc_77

Doc_77 LawnSite Member
    from IL

the only good thing i can say about Exmark is .... they are over priced ?
    other then that i can't say a good thing about them.
    Exmark is a sponser of this site so you really only hear the good things about Exmark and not the bad.

ok enough with the rant

JMO, i would buy the better quick over the Exmark for this one reason alone ... it's a hydro.
    it's a single hydro but still a lot easier to use then a belt drive.

< edit >
    if you are looking for a cheap hydro check out the ferris 32 - 36 hydro also.
    the thumb control on them was really nice and easy to use. i liked it a lot better then the ECS on the exmark's
  7. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I've had my Exmark 48" Viking for over a year and so far after mowing all day every day i've put about at most $250.00 into it. But the mower itself is over 10 years old. But I haven't used many other brands, I've used Scagg and Toro's before but they just ok after using the Exmark I was a beliver in Exmark products. Just my opinion. :waving: