1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Okay This You Gotta See/The Height of Lazyness

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kawazuki, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Kawazuki

Kawazuki LawnSite Member

Stumbled across this today on Fleabay

Ya gotta watch the videos. :eek:

Remote Control Mower

Yep that's right it says remote control. :laugh:

I can see me now..... out on the deck, feet kicked up, cold one in hand, mowing the front 5 acres. :waving:

2. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

3. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic

ok before you guys think this is awesome. I bought my 36" scag two weeks ago from the owner of this mower. IVe seen it, touched and and my partner even video taped it.

He's basically taken a $13,000 riding mower and turned it into a walk behind.

It works, i played with the controls, but with only a range of 100-200 feet, if it gets out of range you have to walk out there to get it back in range, so...if you do small losts I guess it will owkr, but this machine is really meant to do larger lots. It seems like it would be really limited in this respect.

It looked pretty funny in person if you ask me.
  4. XterraJohn

XterraJohn LawnSite Member

I wonder if that could be fixed with a better radio? Don't remote control airplanes have longer ranges than that, or is that only because the radio radiates upward and not outward across the ground?
  5. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic

i dont know any more about it other than i couldnt wait to get out of there so i could laugh about it
  6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Cool toy. It's kinda useless as a effective mower but it would make a neat toy for someone with lots of money.
  7. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

You better hope that the kids r/c car next door isn't on the same frequency:hammerhead: Whoops there goes the neighbors fence then the cat and then right through the living room. :laugh:
  8. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

9. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

you can get 2.4Ghz radios now, no need for crystals or freqencies. Should get you close to 1000ft of area to use it in.
  10. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

the Spekrtum Dx is mainly for park flyers, and Helo's but I use it on my boat, and I can control the boat as far as I can see it... and the 2.4 ghz, nomore channel surfing....

but still a waste of time and effort. IMO....the only way to control a mower is from the seat or from the handlebars.