Okay, TURF will pay $

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JimK, Feb 27, 2002.

1. JimK

JimK TURF MAGAZINE Publisher

It's Jim Kendrick, publisher of TURF Magazine.

I received a bunch of great responses to the post (above) which Chuck has been gracious enough to keep at the top of this page.

Problem: we're still not getting enough equipment lined up from manufacturers to do a steady "field test" thing going in the magazine.

My new pitch: Please ... consider a piece of equipment (or more than one) that you or your crew uses frequently. Write me a few paragraphs about how good it is .. or what flaws it has -- what you would suggest to the manufacturer as improvements.

Next? Get me a photo of the gear or your truck, your dog ... whatever. We want to -- immediately -- start a new column in TURF called (you'll hate this) "Talkin' 'bout MY gear".

For everyone used, I'll pay $50 -- which you can do in less time than a mow. If you can, e-mail it to me at jkendrick@turfmagazine.com or send to TURF, 374 Emerson Falls Road, St. Johnsbury, VT 05819 att: Jim

This will probably kick the manufactures into motion too ... so I can get you folks some new toys to play with.

Thanks!

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Great idea Jim. Maybe it will kick them into gear. Seems like the manufacturers would want the publicity on their machines they are proud of. They sure like to get big $$ for them.

3. JimK

So 65Hoss ... does this mean I'll be getting a couple from you?

Jim

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Yep, actually I have 2 already in mind.

5. plow kid

plow kid Banned

I have two for you too, Jim Just want to know if you want the pics via e-mail or snail mail, we took them with a 3 megapixel digital camera, and had Sams Club print 5x7 glossys.~NaTe

6. JimK

e-mail the photos ... that will be great.

Thanks guys!

Jim

7. GLM

GLM LawnSite Member

Jim I have a couple for you also I'm dropping the film off today I'll be in touch when I get it back, great idea by the way!

8. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

We at Flex-Deck would be very happy to have someone out there test and report on our product. We would put it on a WB, Front-Mount or Tractor type mower. We have an exclusive with Dixie Chopper in the ZTR market, and they make their own Flex-Deck Trimming Attachment. Talk to me LGF and 65 Hoss. Maybe we could get a company or companies that make WB's, Tractor or Front Mount type mowers to join our ranks.

Thanks, Brad

9. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Hi Jim- I posted on your last thread- did'nt mean to shoot the idea down too much. I think it's a great idea if you can get it going.I'd definitely be interested in trying out some equipment- I think most of us love our mowers and equipment like alot of people like cars or anything w/ an engine

10. JimK

Jim from TURF here.

Hey ... I don't get offended when folks offer ideas. That's what business is all about -- ideas. And I stay open to everything. Let's all stay in touch and be grateful to Chuck that lawnsite is here!