Oklahoma Applicator Test

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by erhager, Dec 15, 2007.

1. erhager

erhager LawnSite Member

I am studying for the pesticide applicators test and was wondering if the test is multiple choice and other info. I am taking the ornamental and turf and metasodium tests, thanks in advance

2. yardprospraying

yardprospraying LawnSite Member

It is multiple choice. There is 100 questions and all you have to do is get a 70% to pass. Not too hard.

John

3. VARMIT COMMISSION

VARMIT COMMISSION LawnSite Senior Member

Take your calculator. It helped me on figuring square feet. Know how to figure s.f. on any shape (circle, pie shaped yard) they are both questions. The circle shape they will give you a measurement from center to side.

4. ouimguy

ouimguy LawnSite Member

Super simple, mostly common sense. Take your time and read the complete question.

5. erhager

erhager LawnSite Member

Thanks everyone for the info. Another question if you dont mind, what kind of storage buildings do you guys have or recommend? I will be using my house as my place of business.

6. erhager

erhager LawnSite Member

7. VARMIT COMMISSION

VARMIT COMMISSION LawnSite Senior Member

Did you pass your app. test?

8. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Erhager,
    I use mainly a 10 by 12 foot metal storage building, with plywood floor and lockable door. Metal shelves for pesticides. I put in a plastic window for light. I added a low voltage light wired to my low voltage yard lights--in case of night use. If I got rid of some of the junk, I could get my Permagreen and about a ton of fert inside, if stacked carefully. Office is in my house. My house and lot are tiny. A pole building would be a lot better. Does Oklamona require a rinse/fill pad? Let us know how this will work.

9. erhager

erhager LawnSite Member

hello, i got very busy at my normal job and haven't taken the test yet. Plan on it in February. Are there any certain parts of the Applying Pesticides Correctly book that I need to focus on? Thanks for the help guys.

10. yardprospraying

yardprospraying LawnSite Member

Try to concentrate on the laws or rules and regs, plus know your endangered species. There will probably be questions about bees as well. Also make sure you understand labels, and you should be able to figure rates for applications to a given area.

BTW are you taking service tech or applying for business license. If you are going to be the C.A. then you will need to take the core + whatever else you intend on doing, ex: turf & orn, right of way, general pest...etc.. Each test contains 100 questions. Get there early to make sure you have time to take all the test you need.

Good luck, might see ya there, have a S.T. taking test soon as well.

John.