oklahoma city area - employee stole equipment

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by morefan, Sep 20, 2009.

1. morefan

morefan LawnSite Member
    from OKC, OK

An employee decided to help himself to the following:
    -6x12 black tandem trailer with 4' sides/ramp. It has a lockable storage box on the front, and trimmer racks on the sides.
    -exmark 50" lazer hp triton deck
    -echo pb620 backpack blower
    -echo srm261T trimmer
    -echo pe260 edger
    -kawasaki KTF27A trimmer
    -John Deere XT140 trimmer with blade attached
    -echo hc150 hedge clippers
    -21" Ariens w/kawasaki engine
    and lots of other misc. tools
    I HATE thieves. I really don't know what I'm going to do next. I still owe on the exmark. Da## lazy son of a bi#%# piece of scum sh#t.

2. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sucks, but if you know it was him can't you just send the cops to his house?

3. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

Hope you filed a police report. I have put 2 guys in jail the last year for stealing from me. One of them was a guy that worked for me. He asked to borrow a pole saw one weekend and said he would bring it back on monday. Well he got a DWI that weekend and never came back with it. The cops found it in a pawn shop.

4. morefan

morefan LawnSite Member
    from OKC, OK

Yes, a report was filed. The police told me that they could go by and make contact, but unless he was caught with items in his possession, not much they could do.
    I actually tracked him down last night and confronted him and his wife. Police were dispatched and after a few hours one of his family members finally gave up info. regarding location of my trailer. He had pawned it for a lousy $350.00. I was at the pawn shop first thing this A.M. along with the police. No equipment was on it, but it is my trailer. In fact, before the police and I gained access to the locked area with my trailer, I could see that the tag had been removed, but the locks were intact on the cage and the 2 racks. (odd sight to say the least) I pointed out the locks to the cops and handed over my key. Tag had been removed, but VIN # was still intact. There is no doubt in anyone's mind that it is my trailer. However, tonight, it still sits @ the pawn shop (along with about 15 other trailers that I'm sure are stolen). Minimum 30 days until case goes to court and I get my trailer? Makes NO sense to me. :realmad: Spent a good portion of today checking out other pawn places looking for my equipment. No luck. Many charges being filed against the little bast#@d. (including the felony for the false info. on the pawn ticket). He WILL get his. In the meantime, I'm scrambling for additional equipment, rescheduling some landscaping jobs, and subbing out a few mowing accounts.

5. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

I feel your pain. I had to buy my stuff back from the pawn and then wait for that ****** bag to go back to court.

6. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Hey what pawn shop was this at? I had a trailer stolen from Yukon about two months ago. If you can prove its your trailer you should be able to get it back immediately. It is YOUR property. The pawn shop takes the hit for accepting stolen prop. I had a trailer with a Zero Turn mower on it stolen about 12 years ago and I was able to find the mower. I got the mower right back and then the guy went to trial a few months later, he went back to jail for a long time.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  7. morefan

morefan LawnSite Member
    from OKC, OK

Everyone was telling me minimum 30 days until it goes to court. However, a detective on the case walked it through @ the DA's office, pushed to get paperwork done. I picked up my trailer yesterday. I've talked to a couple of friends with police contacts who say that is very rare that I was able to get it back so quickly.
    As far as I'm concerned, it's all a scam. Pawn shops are just like chop shops. There is stolen property being sent out of OKC to South TX and Mexico. I saw nice new Ford trucks and box trucks (TX plates, El Paso address) with Hispanics loading stuff up like crazy. No doubt in my mind where it's going. It's no wonder our law enforcement can't track stolen property. It just made me sick as I went to these pawn shops.

8. morefan

morefan LawnSite Member
    from OKC, OK

I'm glad to hear of examples where the scumbag thieves were successfully prosecuted. It gives me hope I'll be able to put Jake away for a long time.

9. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Hey morefan could you send me a message with what pawn shop it was. I and another guy would like to go see if our trailers might be there. Thanks Glad you got your trailer back. Now maybe you can rcover some other stuff. If there was a pawn ticket maybe the police can contact this guy and cut a deal if you get some of your stuff recovered, He may still have some of it.

10. morefan

morefan LawnSite Member
    from OKC, OK

David,
    Sorry man, I thought I sent that info. yesterday morn. My trailer was found @ First Cash Pawn @15th and Sooner, Del City.