Oklahoma License

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by PTP, Jul 8, 2008.

1. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Can anyone give me some pointers for taking the general and ornamental tests in Oklahoma? I have the opportunity to take the test in 2 days but I just got my books today. Is it a simple, common sense type test or is it hard and technical? I don't really care about gaining the knowledge or doing well on the test as long as I pass. I just want to be legal when I spray roundup in a few areas.

2. ouimguy

ouimguy LawnSite Member

THe test is fairly simple and straight forward. Just start your reading and go to the test.

3. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Man, if one can get the books two days before the test and still manage to pass it.... in NY you'd have no prayer, unless your name was Einstein.

4. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

good luck--------im sure it has some common sense stuff but how ar eyou going to know what distance from standing water, running water, public water supply, right of ways, private wells, schools, public places, crop dusting etc.

liability issues?

How about callibration, drift, volitization(whats that), ppe, etc
    cleanup for spills? I hope you pass but maybe study and try to learn it and be good at it, rather than i dont care as long as i pass.

5. PTP

from Tulsa

I appreciate you guys who take this seriously and do a professional job. I am talking about spraying the cracks in the driveways though.

6. PTP

from Tulsa

Thanks for the info but can you elaborate a little?

7. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

That wasnt a dig on you, hope you didnt take it that way, but these are some of the things that were on my test oh yeah what is the antenae of a mosquito called was one that stcks out.

So how did you do?

8. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

One of the questions on my test was how "many generations does the birch leaf miner produce in a season?" Every state is different....