old client fert pics

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Frontier-Lawn, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i have this canceled fert client (that left me for cheaper price) next to a current full service client of mine. today i was mowing the property's (still mow both thou) and the canceled one had the new guy put this down 2 weeks ago ATRAZINE with 18-0-8( peeked in his 80's s10 bed). today this is what it looks like.
    the green side is my full service clients property. the red line is the property line, and this is saint Augustine grass with reclaimed water for irrigation. Don't you love the quality that low prices gives you.

070723_171328a.JPG

2. thomsoutdoor

thomsoutdoor LawnSite Platinum Member

Thats a good picture to have. Add that to your web sight or brochure.

3. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

What, was the other guy $25.00 lower?...lol

4. Frontier-Lawn

the cost of one bag from lesco for me is what the guy charged for a app $15.00 i charge $35-$45 depending on the cost of the fert that day from lesco.

5. ampeg76

ampeg76 LawnSite Senior Member

funny, $15

i don't know if i would even want the idiot back as a customer!

what are the restrictions, as far as application windows, on fert with atrazine in florida?

6. Frontier-Lawn

7. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like he got what was coming to him, lol. Your prop on the other side looks good.:)

8. ampeg76

ampeg76 LawnSite Senior Member

says up until june 15th on the label, soil temps are a bit high in june for me to even think about using atrazine, call me overly cautious, it also effects green up and prunes the root system on st. augustine

i've had to "rescue" some DIY people late in the summer after using bonus-s, kinda sad that wally world and home cheapo still have it out:(

9. MnLefty

MnLefty LawnSite Senior Member

10. Frontier-Lawn

ps my client told me his neighbor was told not to water it in and would work just fine