Old dog........NEW TRICKS!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tharrell, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Here's the old dog doing some new tricks!!!
    I bought some Bulldog pipe mounts from Tractor Supply and had them welded just behind each of my trailer tires. Now if/when I have a flat or need to repack wheel bearings, I just take the dog from the tongue and put it in the back and crank her up. I'm gonna prime and paint it to match in the next day or so. Heck, I'm gonna go prime it right now.

DSC01053.jpg

DSC01055.jpg

DSC01056.jpg

2. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

In my best guven/BobbyG voice

"Sirs, you dont have no jack on ur truck?" SIrs, u must hav a lot of timex on your wrist...I mean hands."

3. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Very funny, not. Fyi, I have a bottle jack and a small floor jack in my truck.
    This just makes so much sense, I can't believe I didn't think of it before.
    One jack........3 jack points. Even though it has a foot, I'm gonna search out a piece of weathered 4x6 or similar.

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Actually is not a bad idea.....jack up all three for winter storage and keep the tires off the ground, no more flat spots on your tires..........
    Good idea for those with little storage space as well, keep the equipment on the trailer and jack it up off the springs for winter.

5. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you need to copyright that!:laugh: Seriously though that is a pretty good idear.

6. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use a 6x6 that one end is cut at about a 45 deg. angle under my tongue jack when I drop the trailer, and when the trailer is hooked up the 6x6 goes in the trailer, If I get a flat , I set it in front or behind the good tire and pull the trailer on it. there it is instantly jacked up 6" off the ground.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

This is a very good idea .....we carry a stupid little pump up jack on our trailer cage but it takes up space and rattles around. Getting a jack out of these new trucks is sometimes a big deal ....usually have to read the darn manual to find the hiding place.

8. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Ya, except the bad tire is still on the ground..............

9. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya probably should have looked at the pics first, oh well, works good with a 2 axle.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

6x6 ramp. Now THAT's a good idea! (Not to take away from Tharrell