old drunk lady

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by redneck1198, Aug 20, 2007.

1. redneck1198

redneck1198 LawnSite Member

the other day i got a call from a older lady who sounded drunk, i told her i would come by later but i would call first. so i called her when i was on my way she remember me and when i told her i was on my way and getting rdy to hang the phone up she started giving my the dic to her house again so five min later i got her off the phone.

well i pulled up to her house (if u want to call it that you couldn't even see the trailer because of all the over grown bushes) and got out of my truck and met her at the front door, I started talking to her and she told me she had 2 arces, i said ok. i as i look around i seen there was alot of triming to do. the grass was about 1' 1/2' feet tall. so i told her i could to it for $125. she looked at me funny and said can u lower it. i said i cant, she says i will give u $60 (now remember this is 2 arces) i said i can't but i would mow the front of her house but no triming. she went back and forth and finaly said ok. so i took down all of her info and told her that i would be there on sunday and i would call her saturday and give her a time.

Then she looked at me funny and said well can you trim around everthing in the font yard for $60. i said no i can't (now remember we a ready set a price and what was to be done) well she looked at my funy once again for about 45 sec and then said well then i don't need your services then. so by then i had anuff of her so i said ok then have a nice day and got in my truck and left. what a waste of 30 min. u guys ever had that happen before?
  2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

all the time. You might consider getting some info before going to give an estimate. You may be able to filter out some wasted calls.
  3. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

TOO many times. I know my area very well. I look it up on mapquest and if its a low income area I make sure I have more than 1 quote to give or something else I need to do in the area b4 I drive 30 min to waste my time.
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

More than once :laugh:
    Soon as I smell the alcohol I'm like "great, here we go again."

Today I will not discuss business with an inebriated person.
    Mostly because I've never had one work out to this day.

They need to be of sound mind and body, best I can say.
  5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

dont do it..............

1st of all you bid wayyyyy too low,
    2nd If you get paied you will have to jump through about 15 hoops.

trust me let this one go
  6. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

Had one on friday, she smelled like vodka, she wanted me to trim the dirt :dizzy:
  7. redneck1198

redneck1198 LawnSite Member

bohiaa am not going to do the job and why was that too low of an amount?
  8. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Because it was 2 acres and 1 1/2 feet tall.
  9. yamadooski

yamadooski LawnSite Senior Member

I tink yer wr dunk wn you rote tis....very hard to read..:)
  10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Isn't it amazing how well a sober person can detect the smell of alcohol. Now take a few drinks and that detector goes away.
    I too have dealt with the afternoon nippers, mostly old folk. Some I feel sorry for. Had a guy who was an engineer in his working life, real smart well spoken guy. His wife died and he got into the sauce. He would be an ornery old dog if I got there in the afternoon. I changed to first thing in the morning and didn't have to deal with the B.S. But then he became a real bad drunk. Cops got him for a DUI at 5:30am. He was 83 years old!! His son moved him out of state to detox and hopefully he did better.
    Its amazing the bargaining power people seem to get after a few drinks. Its just part of the business I guess.