Old forum members...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cutntrim, Mar 14, 2001.

1. cutntrim

cutntrim LawnSite Senior Member

Old forum members never die, they just...

In my case, they fade away but check in now and again. Being married with a toddler to look after doesn't allow much time to peruse the forum regularly. In the daytime I'm too busy, at nite I'm too tired.

Nice to see the forum is so successful. I'm sure it's helping a lot of guys out. I see a number of the original guys (those that were on the old site(s)) still post regularly. Others may have run out of steam, or scaled back to devote more time to family - like me. If I were single and not a dad, I'd probably still be on all the time.

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Lawnsite has grown a lot, especially in the past year. We have at least 2000 more members than 1 year ago and we have had as many as 115 on at one time and as many as over 100,000 hits in a day. It makes the Lawnicure days seem like dinasaur days, but that was just 2 years ago. :)

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Eric,

Is there still any archives or info from the Lawnicure days? I was a visitor there and watched Lawnsite grow from the beginning. I guess you were responsible for me finding Lawnicure back in the early stages. I was and still am a Dixie site reader. Its fun to reminise (sp) the good ole days!!

4. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Good to hear from you again cutntrim. I know what you mean about the toddler or should I say toddlers. Mine are now 3 and 4 I have more time now to look in on things here.
    Jim

5. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

I can't imagine how i'm gonna keep up in another year! I have a hard enough time as it is! Would you believe I logged out at 9:00 PM yesterday and when I came back on today about 8:00 PM I was 4 1/2 pages behind!!!!!!! I am just about finished catching up 2 1/2 hours later and have to go to sleep now, but I am not gonna be able to keep up with any more!!!!! And I don't even read all the threads! How do you do it Eric?!Is it getting harder to keep up for you too, Eric? BTW, wish I was here when the forum first started too, but I didn't know about it! Must've been interesting! What was it like when it first started out?

6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Dixie1, as far as I know there is no archive for Lawnicure or Hall of Forums. I think anything we talked about back then has been rehashed a few times anyway. :)

Vibe Ray, Now you know why I needed help with doing this. Back when we had the Lawnicure.com, if there were 10 or 20 posts in a day, we got excited. It was a basic forum compared to this one. What is cool is, most of the original posters from that era are still here. As long as we are talking about it, how many of us are former Lawnicure members? :)

I would guess most of the members that were on the Hall of Forums.

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

With the weather great and things growing, I have been so busy. Its been hard just to log on and check my email. I am to tired to stay up until 3 am anymore. :)

8. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I came aboard in Dec. 99, I think it was Hallof Forums then.

9. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I remember when it was hall of forums, I used to check that out but didn't become a member untill febuary when it became lawnsite. I still can't believe how many post a day there are now and how many new members there are. I was reading TURF today and even saw a couple of our discussions in there.

10. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

hey what is the address for turf i would love to get their mag. but not sure how to contact them. any help would be appriciated.