Old forums?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by PaulJ, Apr 13, 2003.

1. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

So what happens to all the posts and information that are in a forum when that sponsor leaves.

Are all the posts just deleted? are they archived somewhere? Does the sponsor get them?

I miss the old Gravely forum and all the info from when they were redesigning their Walkbeind mowers. How can we access that info?

And now the Flex-Deck forum is gone how can we read those posts?

They weren't just advertisements but had some useful info in there.

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Gravely is still a sponsor here. They just elected to not manage a forum here. But they do have a community forum on their site, www.gravely.com

Once a sponsor leaves and decides to no longer sponsor Lawnsite, then if they had a forum, then that forum is removed. If the forum was not removed, then that manufacturer/sponsor would then indeed still be getting free advertising. By keeping an unsponsored forum open, that really wouldn't be fair to all the other paying sponsors.

3. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not asking to keep the forums open. But is there any way that we can access the tons of info that was there?? Is it archived somewhere?? If I do a search will these posts still come up? even with all the threads closed it would be nice to go back and reread some of them.

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I see what you are saying, but no that info is no longer available.
    If a sponsor, any sponsor, decides to no longer sponsor and participate in their forum, then that forum is no longer viewable to the members.
    The sponsor must weigh this in their mind before he/she decides to cancel sponsorship.