Old foundation

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by freddyc, Jul 17, 2005.

1. freddyc

freddyc LawnSite Senior Member

I started this yesterday. There's part of an old foundation to take out then just smooth out the area to the adjacent land. I have about 2 hours in it so far.
    It was an old barn at one time and the foundation was just rocks and concrete for a base with concrete block building off of that. I think each block must be about 500 lbs or so. You can see a couple I placed on top of the hole.
    All I have is a skid steer but it seems to be doing OK. A mini ex would be faster but I still would need to grade it later so the extra for a mini ex wouldn't be worth the effort.
  2. git er done landscaping

git er done landscaping LawnSite Member

freddy. not to get off topic but while its opened up like that you should run a metal detector thru there. i belong to a treasure hunting site and you wouldnt beleive stuff people pull out of sites like that.
  3. freddyc

freddyc LawnSite Senior Member

Never thought of that!! Good idea... old ones don't come along everyday huh??

So far, I only found a broken bottle and what looks like a plastic top from a can or something.
    As it was an old barn, its possible that there was something underneath it or fell thru the flooring. I will now keep my eyes open for more. I'm a little concerned about finding a skull!

Unfortunately, there s only one wall left with just a little bit on another side. Its a bump in the yard so it will flatten it out after the foundation is removed.

thanks for the tip.