1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Old Great Dane Stander price?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kaseyn1, Jun 2, 2010.

1. kaseyn1

kaseyn1 LawnSite Member

The short version is that I mow foreclosures and it tends to beat my equipment up. I've been looking for something in the 50" range on the cheap side of nice :). So I've got a chance at a '97 or '98 Great Dane 52" with no hour meter for $900. The last 6 years it's been a homeowner unit, he's not sure about before that.

Any thoughts or input are appreciated. Thanks

2. Zak's Pro. Lawn Care

Zak's Pro. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

i bought my great dane 48" super surfer in 2007 or 2008 used for $2,200 with 600 hrs on it. i am pretty sure the year of it is a 2000

3. kaseyn1

kaseyn1 LawnSite Member

Well, I drug my feet too long (2 hours) he just called and said a couple of guys got into a bidding war for it and he sold it for 1300....

Thanks for the info. Zak's, it was a good point of reference!

4. SchnabelLawnCare

SchnabelLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Was that the one on craigslist?

5. kaseyn1

kaseyn1 LawnSite Member

Yeah, it was on craigslist up in Muncie (well, up from Indy at least)... I've come across a few 'cheap' commercial units in the past month, but they all disappear real quick. I start researching a specific model and it's gone. If I could get lucky enough to find one that I've already researched I'd be set :)

6. SchnabelLawnCare

SchnabelLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

A guy has an Exmark 46" for sale near butler univ. $1500.