old lady got pissed!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grass_Slayer, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Grass_Slayer

Grass_Slayer LawnSite Member

i was chopping leaves on a yard a while back not thinking anything about all the dust i was throwing.

later that day i went back to the house to prune some roses and hold them back to the trelice. this woman who lives on the lot next to the one i was working on comes to talk to me.

she says that she was dissapointed that i mowed towards her house cause she could show me spots on her 98 cammaro that i had hit with stuff. and that she had just washed it that day and now it had dust all over it.

i proceeded to tell her that i cannot control the dust flow through my mower nor the occasional stick that i mow over.

i really wanted to show her all the dents in my truck from rocks from one of my yards! i even chipped my own windshield by accident once and she is complaining about her paint being a little nicked!!!!! some people

CPLLTT LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

This is really a major safety issue. You should always be aware of what your equipment is doing, and where it is spitting stuff. I always try to work as far away from cars as possible. In a situation like that it might be beneficial to you to warn the owner of the car of what you are going to be doing and how it may affect his/her vehicle. Often they are willing to move it so you can proceed, and it shows that you are caring and have forethought.
  3. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

how dare she be angry cause you chipped the paint on her car??

buddy, if i saw you do that to my car we'd be having a chat.

where's your mulching plate? or guard?

here's a thought: act like a pro and apologize.
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Your a DAMN scrub!!!:angry:

Your hitting stuff into her car and chipping paint. Your completely responsible for fixing it. She has a great lawsuit against you. Who cares what you do to your own vehicle, but to a neighbor of a customer is different. Hitting sticks or other debris into others property is bad business not to mention completely stupid.

No, you can't control dust. That is different. Damaging property is different.
  5. Chuck Sinclair

Chuck Sinclair LawnSite Senior Member

65hoss, i could not have said it better.

If it were me and my car you would be walking around with your mower up your BUTT!:mad:
  6. Hookset

Hookset LawnSite Member

Just keep up the good work I would gladly come to henderson a couple days a week to take over your jobs. I don't recall ever chipping anyones paint in the past six years. KNOCK ON WOOD!
  7. Hope you have insurance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are liable.

And 65Hoss a scrub is a little harsh. NOT!!!!!!!

What 65Hoss said also.LOL

I hope that this thread is a joke?
  8. scagman

scagman LawnSite Senior Member

I would be pissed off too if that were my camaro especiall if it were a Z28!!!Tell her to take it to macco cheaper if your not insured.
  9. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i hope youre kidding, because you sound like an idiot. if you chipped her car, fess up and pay. dont make it like it was an act of nature. you wont get many clients doing that sort of thing.
  10. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Well Grass-Slayer,

Looks as though 'sympathy' for your faux pas is a little short around here on this one. :D

I'd be pissed off about the scratched paint too. The machine operator is responsible for keeping the discharge chute pointed away from peoples valuables. The old "act of God" excuse does not cut it in this situation. Mistakes are going to happen but you must be prepared to accept responsibility and make amends when they do.

I'm sure that lady did not give a crap about what you do to your own vehicle either...I know that I don't. Wanna set your truck on fire??? OK by me...just don't burn mine up along with it!

And I would make it a point to blow the dust off the cars you've covered too. It's only 'professional'. ;)