old lesco spreader/like new

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by TOTALLAWN OF KY, Aug 28, 2004.

1. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

that small wheel one, man my back still kills me from 17 years ago and pushing the stupid thing compared to the high wheel,which was a world of difference!
  2. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

grassguy - my sentiments exactly! The small wheels seemed to get caught on ruts easier and would bounce around more. This was really noticable when pushing a hopper full of 80# of fert. But, as somebody had previously mentioned, the small wheeled job threw the fert better.
  3. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

junk all those lesco's and get a spreader that can make you more money! get a sr2000 from scotts. this spreader spreads 14' and it puts prouduct down EVEN and theres no need to throw back to your tracks! cost a little more $475, but it will out proudce any push spreader. the only draw back is the 50# hopper.
  4. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks James and Tremor for reminding me of the NIGHTMARE that my one and only Salsco cam aerator was. The first day out, I twisted and had to replace the shaft. It never really got better. Had to have tougher springs fabricated and went to a plastic "beater bar". Even paid a helper to go out with me - he helped replace springs as they broke (2 man job).

The thing did pull great cores when it was running. 1 day production = 1 day of repair. Guess our heavy clay soil was too much for it. Those things would have been ideal as ship anchors.....