old machines still pounding the ground..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowisme, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Fubba

Fubba LawnSite Senior Member

1999 Exmark Lazer Z Hp with 1550 hours. Engine replaced two years ago.

2003 Exmark Lazer Z with 3600+ hours and still used everyday as our main mower. Only big repair was swapping a half block in because compression went out on one cylinder.

2. getdown

getdown LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

My Gravely Promaster 260z is a dinosaur...

00s0s_b2bsPaQtc4Z_600x450.jpg

3. mowisme

mowisme LawnSite Senior Member

no scag STHM's?

4. banjoman

banjoman LawnSite Member

I know I have talked about it a lot, but my 1993 Grasshopper 718K is still going. I use it everyday, its always been a reliable mower. It still has the original Kohler Magnum engine, even the deck spindles are the originals. Still has the old Gemini hydros. The hour meter broke around 3400 hours, so were guessing it has over 4,000 on it by now.

Here is a video of me mowing with it: http://youtu.be/0nxCex7_RC0

Another old mower I use is a Scag 36" WB. It has to be around a 1990 model, as it has the manual PTO(which I really like). It is in great shape for its age and its able to pull my 270 pound rear end around on that sulky.

[​IMG]

5. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

1995 Exmark Lazer Z, the first year of the Lazer!!. I run it every day.

thick grass.JPG

Lazer1.jpg

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  6. cuttingedge55

cuttingedge55 LawnSite Member

I just bought a 1993 toro 37" recycler....I was born in 1993 lol. Pretty good shape new clutch(which i dont really like...electric). Rode it for the rest of the day after i bought it.. center pulley acted a little funny. Kinda pissed me off when i went to grease it and the right rear wheel bearing took 25 pumps and the left took 20. Now its in my hands and will get taken care of. But cut all day today... no problems lets hope it stays that way :dancing:

7. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

We have an ancient scag we bought used that someone had painted green 48 hydro.
    It is our official gravely now and that thing doesn't miss a beat!

8. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

You want old school...

1973 Cub Cadet 73 w/403 Haban Sickle Bar... We use it a few times a year on long banks and around ponds.

73-cub.jpg

73-cub.jpg

9. nate121080

nate121080 LawnSite Member
    from va

2001 exmark. Original everything except put a shortblock on at 2648 hours. Closing in on 4000 now. Have bought 2 newer exmarks but sold em. Just like the old one better. Waiting on pump or hydros to go so I can buy a new scag but dang thang want die :)

10. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

1993 toro 32 proline. my primary mower since new. original engine (no rebuild) and spindle and deck. everything else has been replaced. no telling how many hrs are on it. bought a new replacement in 2004 but it sits unused in the shed. want to see just how long this machine will go