1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

old pictures of some work done to the house.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Junior M, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

well here are old pictures i found in my computer of me and my dad working on our yard last summer. the first few are of me and dad putting irrigation in our front yard. there are LOTS more to come!

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Tell me that wasn't dug by hand!
  3. Junior M

it was!! we were on a very limited budget! but past what you see was dug with an IHI 28n mini excavator with like 3500 hours on it. it was so crappy that you couldnt steer with both tracks at the same time. haha but that is what i really learnd on.
  4. Junior M

here are some more... being off work sucks!!! i should be grading instead of setting here getting fat!! but anyways here are some pictures of irrigation and then a before of our backyard before they built the pool. and then them building it. yeah i know we build pools and do everything else that has to do with them but this was before we were REALLY doing it.

5. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I got roped in to doing a sprinker system with a landscaper friend he needed help to say the least it was the last sprinker system I did. It was all hand dug trenches and its horrible.
  6. Junior M

i am pretty bord so here are some more pics of us working on the back yard...

the ones of the guy on the mini is our nieghbor who had never ran a track hoe so i was teaching him how to dig like you would in hard ground even though we were in really soft sand. the rest are of the pool company half a$$ backfilling it... that is a three hundred dollar backfill there.. but anyways and there is a finish pool with out the backfill in there somewhere.

Copy (2) of P5180103.jpg

Copy (3) of P5170093.jpg

7. Junior M

yeah hand digging sucks but there was no way we would have been able to that with a machine since it was in a planter and we had to go around my moms plants and stuff. but i love doing irrigation idk why it is just so fun haha
  8. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

What type of drainage system did you guys use coming off the house, looks like an emitter system?
  9. Junior M

nope its just solid three inch but once it crosses under the side walk we slid four inch solid corrugated over it and mortared the joint. but it runs to the road in to a grate. the only problem is we didnt have enough fall so the grate has to fill up to empty itself tho.
  10. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That is one nice looking pool. But that T190 would look better at the bottom of it though.