Old Rainbird brass spray nozzles

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Keith, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

First, when were these discontinued? Anyone have any info on the B15CST? I think I ran across it at one time, but I can't find it now. As I remember it was spec'd at 6' x 25' rather than the 4' x 30' at more than 25psi. Does that sound right?

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Gone a few years ago...check Weather-Matic for their current brass strips..weathermatic.com

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

The Rainbirds were side strips. I bought a few, but never used them.

4. Mike Leary

They were cool...nice pattern..I wonder who made them for R.B.? The reps
    don't seem to drop in here to give us any clue. Hello?

5. Keith

I tracked down a very few B15CST's from my supplier. They look like they've been around quite a few years. It's very windy here today, so it's kind of hard to tell, but they do appear to be more than 4'. If they are closer to 6', I am in need of about 25 of them.

Weathermatic and Buckner have theirs listed as 4'.

6. Wet_Boots

25 of them? Good luck. I'd double up on the standard side strips. Hunter describes their side strip nozzles as doing 5x30

7. Keith

I've never made a habit of using CST's. If it were an option here, I would use SST's down both sides. Money is a sticking point for this customer, if you know what I mean.

8. Mike Leary

Side strips have always sucked, really....never a "rear load" because the bed
    was so narrow, no one thought, as plants grew, anything would impede the
    15' throw! I hate so much to say it, but any bed that uses side strips is a
    great canditate for Netafim.

9. Wet_Boots

You want to use standard equipment, if you're going to maintain a system. Designing with discontinued nozzles is a bit chancy. Too bad, but pay up, cheapskate customers!

You could always order some Champion brass strip nozzles and popups, if the customer doesn't mind the water being thrown straight up :p

10. I'm not a plastic nozzle person BUT the best cst going in my opinion is the Irritrol plastic. has the widest in my opinion of all the nozzles. The best cst I ever saw was the now defunct RAINJET.Had to keep the grass trimmed around it but worked great cuz it would shake a little helping to spread its spray wider.