old shindaiwas

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snapper, Jul 13, 2004.

1. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody know the cc's of an old t-25 trimmer?? Or how the power would compare to a new t-260?? I like the old t-25 but it needs some work and trying to decide if i want to fix it up or not. It runs right now, but like i said needs some work. So anybody know the the cc's of a t-25? and how it would compare power wise to the t-260??

Later snapper
  2. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

T-27'S WERE 27.5 c.c.'s so I imagine 25 c.c.'s
  3. SouthernFried

SouthernFried LawnSite Senior Member

My local Shindaiwa dealer says they are just gonna carry the new "improved" t26.1, instead of the t26.

I hear that those new EPA mandated engines are just not as powerful as the older models.

I think I'm gonna keep all my old shindaiwa's and just keep fixing 'em up as long as I can.
  4. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone thinking about buying up all the 2-cycle equipment they can before the end of the year?
  5. CTmower

CTmower LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

Those new Shindaiwa trimmers which i believe are blue this year are absolute garbage in my opinion. They barely have enough power to trim regular grass nevermind the thick stuff. My boss bought two this year and no one even uses them because there so under powered. IN my opinion stick with the old red trimmers.
  6. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

When I bought my trimmer this year I too, was gonna get an old reliable T-270 as I've used them in the past ( real old ones ) and liked them. But when I checked ALL of my local Shin dealers' did not have them... You guessed it.. They all have the T-272 now. I demoed one and the thrill is gone.. Guess who we have to thank for this.... the wreched EPA
  7. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

Go with the Kawasaki's, theyr light and powerful. I used Shins for years and even have the new T2500, I really don't care for it so I converted it to an articulating hedge trimmer. I do have an old T25 that someone could use for parts if they want it.
  8. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

The price is right on a lot of those Kawasaki's too.
  9. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

i bought a t-260 this year. I must of got lucky and got an older model because it is pretty powerful. Real close to my used t-25. Man i wished i could of gotten a t-27 or t-270 before they went sour. Guess i will find one used. New question, can these newer trimmers be tweaked?? Maybe an old adjustable carb, open the muffler a bit?? Anybody know if it is possible??

LAter snapper
  10. Stihl036pro

Stihl036pro LawnSite Member

Hey CT Mower, whare in CT are you from?