Old Snapper Walk Behind

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by QCS, Mar 22, 2007.

1. QCS

QCS LawnSite Member

Question for you all.... My uncle was cleaning out his shed during the winter and I was hauling the junk away for him when I came across this old Snapper. He informed me it was given to him from a buddy at work, anyway to make a long story short, I brought it home an cleaned the carb, put a new plug in it and it fired right up. I was bored over the winter so I applied a coat of paint to it. It cleaned up well and I was wondering if anyone knows what something like this might be sold for? It has an 8hp Briggs I/C, appears to be an 30" cut, 5 speed transmission and a brake band type steering system. It came what looks like a hi-lift blade and mulching blade. Everything works and I dropped the deck down low in the back field and it seems to cut well. Any assistance would be appreciated.

QCS

Set344_01.jpg

Set344_02.jpg

Set344_03.jpg

2. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

$300-400 depending on wear on parts

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

For a machine that old (Late 80's) you might be able to get $250-$350 for it.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Heck, I'd just keep it. For what you have into it, you can't get hurt. It MAY just come in handy some day.

5. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Probably $300+/-

6. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I agree with Runner. I Maybe $300. It would make a good backup or mower for smaller lawns.