1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Old Thread War?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Toroguy, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Is there a War of bringing up old threads?

BHB dragged up a bunch, then LGF bashed him, now LGF is on a similar mission.

My feeble mind is getting overloaded with posts from ghosts.
  2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Just Unsubscribe When They Come Up :rolleyes:
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I think it comes from having too much time on your hands and nothing to do at this time of the year.
  4. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Young people, and many older ones, think that something must be new to be valid or useful. If it was said 3 years ago, or even last month, it is not useful to those mentalities.

And it is not worth trying to convince them otherwise. Maybe someday they will grow up and learn that knowledge is historical. Learning is a cumulative process; valid ideas from 200 years ago can be functional, especially in the basic care of plants. New ideas are to add to old ones, to balance and determine what is best for you in your situation today.

There is a wealth of information in older threads on this forum. And there is generally much more real info in a 3 year old thread than a new one on the same topic. Someone who has given a great answer on a question in the past is not going to repost the answer every time the question is asked again by a small mind.
  5. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Gotta love a good arguement between a 32 year old and a 15 year old. Not! :rolleyes:
  6. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto Randy, I think it's a pretty good match intellectually.:dizzy:
  7. I see, so rather than "bothering" to copy and paste a small amount of text from a three year old "golden answer," its makes more sense to bring up the WHOLE old thread??? I call that walk'n backwards. Good grief, if someone thinks they'd be better off reading all the discourse on a subject, can't they just refer them to the address of an old thread? Or should I grow up to your level, oh enlightened one? lol
  8. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

He started it, really. I don't know why. I just played along.
  9. Casey

Casey LawnSite Member

Maybe the answer is to have the moderators, archive the threads after they reach a certain age, not sure how much work it would take, but if they could go through the thread, delete all the one line responses, the ditto's and such, then lock the thread, that way the information would be there for a search, but no one could bring it to the front for fun. If after finding the thread through a search, you still didn't have the answer you needed you could then post a new query/thread.
  10. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Get over it...its really not that big of a deal either way. This is more of a soap opera then a contractors forum.