Old Trucks

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Green in Idaho, May 18, 2003.

1. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

Anyone using or seen old restored trucks for the biz?

Like the 1950's?
    Or even older?
    Pictures?

I would love to see something like a 1930's Ford with the fine wooden stakes used as sales truck, or for detail gardening. Kind of a showboat truck.

I realize they may not tow as much, but the classics would be cool to see in the biz.

Seeing Jim Lewis's fine looking red make-over of his is one one example of the potential of the older trucks. (RE other thread on here_)

2. jason r.

jason r. LawnSite Senior Member

Funny you should start this thread tonight. Me and the wife really like old vehicles and just went to a local show last night. Some great looking old trucks there. Wish I would've brought the camera:rolleyes: I was saying how'd I'd like to have another old truck to fix up and use for estimates and running errands with the doors lettered up and all. Have a 78 f-150 that I use on a daily basis for towing my trailer. Really like to have a new 3/4 ton for the daily grind and just use the 78 as my estimate/backup truck. Here's a pic of the 78 I'm using now. I definitly like jim lewis' fleet.

equipment pics 008.jpg

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I am currently rebuilding a 1958 Dodge, W200 Power giant 3/4 ton, 4x4 pickup. This was the second year that Dodge made a 4x4 pickup with a civilian-style cab. When done, it will be used for advertising in parades and at car shows. I plan to use it when going out to meet customers . I can not get photos to post here, but e-mail me if you would like to see some photos and I can send you some.
    After this truck is finished, I will be restoring a 1959 Dodge 1 ton Power Wagon 4x4 pickup. I will use it in the same way as the first one. They will not be used by the crews for daily routes.:)