old vs new

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by accuratelawn, May 31, 2002.

1. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I bought another Lazer two weeks ago, and I have a few questions.
    I have a 99 25 Kohler 60" and now a 2001 25 Kohler 60"
    Will my mulch kit fit the new mower?
    I like the better floatation of the larger tires, but has anyone made the comment about the larger caster wheels being slower to turn. In soft ground the extra pull of the larger caster tires turning will cause damage because the rear wheels to slip.
    Will most parts be interchangable old to new?
    What major changes were made old vs new?
    Thanks for making a great product and being here to answer questions.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Accurate,

Thanks for the question. From the information you've given me I'd say the mulch kits will not interchange. The blades will be the same but the baffles and block off plate will be different.

You mentioned the new models have larger tires than your current Lazer does. The larger tires were incorporated at the same time we added 1/2" to the depth of the mower deck. Hence the baffles will not interchange.

As far as the tire causing problems it's really be just the opposite. Aside from the obvious floatation benefits from the wider tire you also have a taller tire. The taller tire is easier to push, pull and turn. If you’ve ever pushed a cart of some type with taller tires and then an identical cart with smaller tires you’ll see the one with the taller tires was easier to pull, push etc.

The biggest differences in parts interchangeability will be things like wheels, tires, spindle shafts and the jackshaft at the rear of the mower deck. You'll also find 100's of minor differences in the areas of gussets, hydro hoses, etc. There are however just as many or more parts that do interchange

Hopefully the new Lazers are designed and built better than your 99 model and you won't need to interchange as many parts.

Thanks

Terry