Old Walker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by idacurt, Aug 8, 2005.

1. idacurt

idacurt LawnSite Member

Hi,
    Just found a walker in the paper for sale.It has a 12hp single cylinder engine?both decks and is in excellent condition.Does any one know about this motor and how old is this rig?any help would be great.

2. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

walker used to have 11 hp which is now 13hp. dont know of any 12hps in past 15 years, unless its aftermarket replacement. what engine brand? is it chain drive or hydro? id have to see pic but im guessing with 2 decks around $1000. just depends on condition of everything.

3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I wouldn't pay $1000 if it's an obsolete peice of equip. especially w/ a chain drive and a 12 horse motor. sounds like a good machine, but not a front line machine.

4. gorknoids

gorknoids LawnSite Senior Member

Seems there was/is an issue with that single cylinder vs upcoming EPA regs, so if you have any doubts about the current 11HP, you might consider buying a single cylinder 13HP spare engine and save yourself a few hundred dollars in the next few years instead of getting stuck buying the twin which will be required.
    If you've never torn a Walker down, you have no idea where the term "Ten pounds of sh*t in a 5 pound sack" came from.

5. idacurt

idacurt LawnSite Member

Thanks for the advice.
    I went to look at it and it was the BIGGEST P.O.S I have ever seen.What a waste of my time.The guy tells me on the phone it was in excellent shape.Asking price 3k I turned around and left.