olddebts.com working!!!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by DFW Area Landscaper, Mar 5, 2005.

1. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Turned over 6 severely past due accounts to olddebts.com. Took the cheapest option...$9.95 per deadbeat. They mark the deadbeat's credit report with a no-pay. They also send a letter to the deadbeat explaining that they are mucking up their credit if the matter isn't resolved.

One of the deadbeats paid today!!!

I knew it. They're paying the credit cards and all the "real businesses" to keep their credit history clean, but they're stiffing the lawn guy.

DFW Area Landscaper
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I am going to have to check out that site for future use, even though I only had one bad payer last year, but they now have a credit card on file
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Simply because we are what's called an "unsecured creditor". We don't report to the big 3 credit reporting agencies.
  4. Mueller Landscape Inc

Mueller Landscape Inc LawnSite Senior Member

I bet you are glad you won't have anymore problems like this again. Letting the banks issue the credit..... it's a beautiful thing!!!
  5. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

So the nonpayer don't need to be under contrct to use olddebts? I checked out the web site and didn't see it say anything about that. Might have to use it. Got one that still owes me $80.00. Not much but still a deadbeat.
  6. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Yeah. Olddebts worked on one of them. I have a feeling the rest will wait until they are denied credit to pay.

You don't have to have a social security number or signed contract or anything like that. All you have to have is their name and last known address.

DFW Area Landscaper
  7. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Mechanic lien also shows up on there credit report. And then you become a secured creditor.

8. JustMowIt

JustMowIt LawnSite Senior Member

How do they index against a customer with the 3 major credit reporting agencies without a social security number?
  9. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I was wondering the same thing???
  10. SproulsLawnCare

SproulsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from IN

I haven't had to deal with this, but I understand how it works and that it works well. My question is how do you go about getting a mechanics lien put against their property?