1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

olddebts.com working!!!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by DFW Area Landscaper, Mar 5, 2005.

1. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Tried Olddebts last month. Funny thing is I tried to call this guy over 10 times to resolve the non payment and each time I was hung up on. Filed with olddebts and two weeks later olddebts sent me a copy from an attorney. Of course the attorney is one of those Non Profit attorneys and trying to get ahold of them is like pulling teeth from a sabretoothed tiger.
    I find it funny that he can pay an attorney but cant pay me.
    Oh well I guess I will find out what is going on soon.
    Olddebts does get them off there arses.
  2. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Old Debts got another deadbeat to pay up! I sued this guy in small claims. Won a default judgement. A year ago.

He wouldn't pay a judgement, but he paid to keep his credit clean. Got my money, finally. It took TWO YEARS to get paid on this. 326 bones.

Nice to get unexpected cash.

DFW Area Landscaper
  3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Sounds to me like your guy is in bankruptcy probably now....if so kiss those funds goodbye.
  4. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

just mow it,

From what I take it you also claim the $250 for attorneys fees from each person you filed a claim on and it only cost you the one time $250 attorney fee for the same document that you use over and over again? htanks
  5. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

That's a bit of a stretch.... how did you reach that conclusion?
  6. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Funny That this should pop up again. I just received a call from him today. Wanting to come to reasonable terms. He wanted me to stop at his house today and discuss. I didn't feel that was to safe so made an appointment tomorrow to discuss in a public area. He stated that his attorney said he hadn't a chance in He!! to win if we go to court and that he would still end up paying me and court costs. He for some reason is trying to get a Home equity Loan. Funny thing how this old debts works.
    For the 19.95 it was a steal to make the guy streak his shorts and run and pay a lawyer, probably more than what it would cost to pay me.
  7. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

Unsecured ??? I do not think so.... We reported 17 customers as either > Slow pay - NO pay and charge off to the credit reporting companies for 2004. OK, so I have an advantage on that part because my wife is a repo lady..LOL !!!!
  8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

www.olddebts.com changes all of that. They will put it right on the credit record of the deadbeat and you or your company will show up as the creditor that is owed money.
  9. lawn

lawn LawnSite Senior Member

How do you get that????????????????????
  10. Dixie Pro Lawn Care

Dixie Pro Lawn Care LawnSite Member

My father used to do that so if I have to, he can tell me what I need to do. I think here you need a judgement and then you can attach the property. Not 100% sure about the judgement part though. It's funny what being in the collections business has taught my family. My father, mother, and I were in it at one time or another. It brings good knowledge. It's nice to know I can legally have someone by the balls...lol.