Olddepts.com

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Keegan, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Keegan

Keegan LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

Anyone use another collection agency besides olddepts.com? They seem to want to charge for every little thing. I looked on some other agencies web sites and most want a %.

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Just have them tack it on the customers bill.

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

My late fee includes the $10 it costs to get the Instant Collect + Credit record package.

That's because before I send it to them I already done went through the process of attempting to collect myself, so olddebts to me is the final step.

And, to me it's more about the credit record than the collections procedure itself as I would think if I was not successful, surely an out of state agency can't do but so much, if for no other reason than the FDCA limits what a collection agency can do even more than it limits what I can do.

4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I sometimes use old debts as a "soft" collection. When I feel just a couple of letters will get me paid. As other s have stated any collection fees come out of the clients pocket... not mine. When I feel there will be a problem collecting, I send the paperwork directly to my lawyers office. They will collect by all means and do what is necessary. Also like others have said it gets to a point where it's not about the money, but more about getting back. :)

5. Patriots

Patriots LawnSite Member

Sue 'em all - its the only way I have found to get paid.

6. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

I used it and it worked for me. However you cannot add additional fee's unless you have a contract which states that.