Older 160 John Deere Question.....

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by GaryFenza, Oct 18, 2006.

1. GaryFenza

GaryFenza LawnSite Member

Just Wandering......I have a 160 John Deere from the late 1980's and its a
    Kawasaki 460V, well i saw some pics of the same exact tractor on EBAY(engine Pics and the Whole piece pics) Mine is a 12HP, and then poeple post that therers is like a 13HP and or 16 HP, how is this true.....when they both are 460V and Look Identical in size and lay out:confused:

2. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

I have know idea, but I have seen that as well. I am pretty sure that from the factory it is 12.5. All I can say is that the 160 is one amazing little tractor. Mine is a 1989, but has been redone with about 20 hours on it. It has some "special" things done to the engine and tranny. I think it tops out at around 17 HP. I can do wheelies with it and then put it to work and it will work without an issue. They are great little tractors.

3. GaryFenza

im 16, been using it since i was 11. I LOVE that Thing......wouldnt trade it for any of the New Lawn Tractors out there, i know the limits of that tractor and can basically get it to do anything i want, lol. Its had the hell worked out of it in the post 20 years give or take a few. Never really had much of problem with it!!:weightlifter:

4. FearThisDeere

Nothing runs like a Deere lol! I bought mine when I was 15 (3 years ago) from a JD dealer. It has been sitting in a barn since 1992. Lots of cleaning and a new engine and it was back in business. Looks like new. I love it.

5. GaryFenza

Deff, lol, yea im 16, and love the thing. My dad bought it in like 1989, and i started using it in like 2001, when i was 11. I have a huge attatchment to that tractor, hehe:rolleyes:

6. FearThisDeere

Hold on to it for sure. I have had newer LT and didn't like it. I would use the 160 more than the newer one, so I sold the newer one and kept the 160.