1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Older Boss V Plow

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by HC, Oct 21, 2000.

1. HC

HC LawnSite Member

I have ruled out the Hiniker plows thanks all for your input. What are the older Boss 8'2" V plows like?? I have a chance to buy a used one, attached to a 92 F250 for a reasonable price. What should I be looking for?? I know I should not be buying a truck that has plowed already but money is tight.
  2. diggerman

diggerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

Here are somethings I would check. Make sure the bottom of the plows center tower is not worn on the bottom,look at the molboard to see if the are tweeked,check cylinder attachment points to see if the have been strained.If it is not a minute mount check the keeper pins and make sure they go up and down in their holes properly.Look behind the cutting edges for rust.Check the hinge for cracking or repair.Alot of things to check and a little of some of these may be present just make sure it is not severe.I have 9 Boss plows 5 are old style permenant mount which are a much better set up than the minute mounts and are extremely tough.The minute mounts are still very durable but take longer than a minute to mount.
  3. iowastorm

iowastorm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

Don't buy everything Digger told you; he has duct tape on all of his plows . . .
  4. diggerman

from Iowa

Liar I only use zip ties
  5. JCurtis

JCurtis LawnSite Senior Member

I tried velcro on my plows, but it kept coming apart!!!
  6. diggerman

from Iowa

At least it was easy to put back together again,this year I will not be welding anything I'm just going to put bondo over it so it looks good then Im going to paint it with chucks paint,it melts metal so it should then create the repair and hold the break together.