Older Bunton, info needed (pics inside)

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Glenn J, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Glenn J

Glenn J LawnSite Member

Hello,
    First post here.

I picked up an older Bunton 48" last Friday. It's got a newer Briggs and Stratton 12.5hp engine, so that's a bonus. Over all, it cuts great! It cuts much better than our heavy 32", single blade Snapper tractor. This will be a strictly "homeowner use" machine as I'm not in the landscaping business.

I'm having a tough time locating an owner's manual for this machine. The engine manual was easy; I found that on briggsandstratton.com. While the mower looks pretty straght forward (variable speed Bobcat trans, 3 blades, blade brake....) I always like to have a manual in case I hit a snag when doing repair work. I've e-mailed Textron, but they stated they don't have any record of the model machine I have. I e-mailed them a picture of the ID plate, so hopefully I'll hear back from them soon.

The model number on the ID plate is B48L-11H The first part of the serial number says NNB48L.

I've found a few places to get parts, (J Thomas and precoparts.com), so I think I have replacement parts covered.

Any ideas where to get a manual?

Pics as promised:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]