Older commercial hr215 on Craigslist

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clean_cut, Mar 28, 2010.

1. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises LawnSite Senior Member

I have (2) Honda commercial units about the same age, and they both say commercial on the deck. Maybe this is a unit from the old Masters series. Regardless, I would buy it. Very good unit....

2. BubblegumLC

BubblegumLC LawnSite Member

Yup...commercial say commercial on them. I've seen these listed on craigslist as "commercial" or sometimes they say "commercial engine" but they are not of their commercial line. If it was a commercial unit...heck i'd pay for shipping to Cali at that price. ;-)

3. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

o.k. Sad to hear that it's not commercial, so it's still a good deal though? It looks like a lot higher quality than a lot of the mowers these days. :)

Did the non commercial mowers have the hydrostatic transmission back then too?

How about the cut, mulching, and bagging quality of these mowers, do they compare to say the hrx, hrx, or toro super recycler/bagger?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  4. BubblegumLC

The cut very well and are like vacuums. And the bag gets full, not like others that will only half fill before they start clogging blade. Also, you can download the owners manual from that honda website above, just verify serial number/make/model.

5. clean_cut

Thanks sooooo much man, you've been a great help! I'm going to try and call the guy tomorrow a schedule a time we can meet, I'll make sure to try and check the things you talked about.

Again, thanks for the amazing help, God Bless!

6. BubblegumLC

no prob. hope it goes well. i have a lot of hard hours this year alone on mine and would say my ROI has been great considering the price!

7. DT Lawn Care

DT Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I guy I know might sell one of these hydro Hondas to me for $150, maybe even less... I have been buying my Toro 3-speed BBCs for $50 to $125 for years now, they just don't quit.

8. clean_cut

So you think its a good mower, just overpriced in your opinion?

9. clean_cut

Anyone else have experience with these mowers, or know what a fair price would be?