older jd 130

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by douglasl330, Oct 3, 2005.

1. douglasl330

douglasl330 LawnSite Member

Hi I am new to this site and am looking for some help. I have an older JD 130 that has a no spark condition. It was running fine then skipped a little and just quit. I have no power going to the coil. Am I suppose to have 12 volts going in? There are some little modules on the tractor. Does anyone know how to test them if the tractor is not running?

Thanks

Doug

2. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

The JD 130 has a 9hp Kawasaki engine. Check your solenoid, that is the first item between the key switch and the starter. If that doesn't work, check your grounding connection.

Let us know what happens after you try those two things.

3. douglasl330

I am thinking the soliniod is good because the starter spins and engages the fly wheel. I am not getting any spark out of the coil. Is the little wire to the magneto suppose to have voltage because it has none. This wire goes down to another(coil on the side of the block, then back to the ignition switch. ;)

Thanks again

Doug

4. douglasl330

Hey I've checked both with no change. Both seemed okay. Did have a lot of dirt and debris where engine gound was cleaned and reattached.This is what I've found. the source wire for the coil back to the ignition switch is grounded out all the time. I beleive it is only suppose to be this way when the switch is in the off position? Could the seat safety switch be my issue? I have checked neutral and PTO switches and they are in working order.

Thanks
    Doug :help:

5. douglasl330

Got her running it was the $70 coil-- spent more time trying to trouble shoot it-then a week for JD to get it-Thanks for your help Smalltimer1:cool2: