older nightscaping T q

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Mike M, Dec 27, 2007.

1. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

I only wish that Mike G was still here, so I could read the interactions between him and Pete.

You bring him back in here and I'll send him a packin' too. He can't deal with my game jack. I'm the undisputed king of pain. The master of disaster. If only I could go one on one with him I tell you I'd show you all what I'm made of. I'm tired of playing second fiddle to him when he's a no show . It's about time I got my propers here. I claimed 600K in sales in 2007. I tell you I'd claim more if it wasn't for Uncle Sam looking over my shoulder. Doesn't that account for anything? Gambino was probably good for 200K maybe 150K. He's a one man band with an out of tune instrument. He is a dinosaur, unable to cope with today's complicated lighting schemes. Why am I constantly defending myself against him. I'm Pete Scalia darnitt! Undisputed heavy weight champion of landscape lighting. I'm tired now I gotta take a break.

2. pete scalia

Joey, thank you for talking some sense here to counteract some of the pure BS that's been put forth in order to push an agenda. Mike, you heard what the man Joey said. This is one of the worst performers out there. All transformers are not created equal and some are just pure worthless.

3. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Well Mike,
    Pete would have you throw out the baby with the bath water.... best to ignore his biased rants.

I would use the existing transformers where they fit into your expanded design and add others where you need them.

Remember that those Nightscaping Powercenters of the SS design were the first to offer a lifetime warranty to the original owner. Not only do they honor that warranty, but in many cases they exceed it. A couple of times they've sent me brand new replacement units when I wasn't even the original installer.

4. irrig8r

Correct the above to read "...the first as far as I know to offer a lifetime warranty..."

5. pete scalia

Word to the wise. Don't take advice Coming from someone who installs 4 new transformers a year. A lifetime warranty won't help bring 12v to the fixture. A dog is a dog is a dog. Worse even when it has fleas.

6. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Happy new years eve to all. Mike I see your struggeling with man y aspects i did when I was in your position not to long ago. Trying to save the client money can in fact make you look like a hero. But... when nothing performs right you look more like ....well you get the idea.

I see 1 absolutly crucial mistake in this. You assumed. After reading about all the hacked installs everyone has encountered you should learn that you can never assume... ESPECIALLY when your not the one who installed it or serviced it.

7. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

Billy you are absolutely right about never assuming. I wonder how many times you get a lead, and then say: "Oh crap. preexisting system."

This has made me wonder about how it must be to be an auto mechanic. All those after market parts and other guy's work before you. LOL. And the old grease everywhere. I hate dirty grease.

8. irrig8r

And a mule is a mule is a mule..

And Happy New Year to you too Pete. :dizzy:

9. pete scalia

The dog I was referencing was the transformer. But if the shoe fits............