1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Older threads need a holding bin!

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by newz7151, Oct 31, 2005.

1. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Ok, having just responded to a post with an original start of about 5 years ago, something needs to be done.

Is there a way to set up the forum software to "hold" replies to posts older than .. let's say a year, until they can be reviewed by a moderator to see if they truly provide any pertinent information?

Maybe posts in age of 1 year or more can be locked, or suspended, but still searchable. If somebody finds something in one of these posts, they can start a new thread and refer back to the dated one.

It is something however, to see how many members have stuck around for a period of 5 years to pop back to a post that they started or responded to so many years before.
  2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, I have posted to a couple older threads not paying attention. Some newbie brought them back up instead of starting their own thread.
    There must be a way to put a automatic lock on them after they reach a certain age. They can still be veiwed but not posted on as said.
  3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

How about just looking at the date before you post? Not trying to be a smart arse but thats the easiest way, moderators have enough to do. really its not that big of a problem.
  4. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

won't work with automatic date lock, there are still active threads going like Michigan LCOs started in sept. 2003, a date lock would lock that thread along with a lot of others.
  5. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

the older threads are pertinent topics although I do think it makes sense to start a new one. I say leave things be and watch your dates.

GEO :)