older vs. newer Shind. power

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by metro-hp_48, Mar 14, 2004.

1. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

For the Shind. users from the past until now, I have a question. (perhaps a real stupid one)

Back in the day, I worked for a man, that had a T-20 and a T-25 (both with Green Machine heads, 4" (or 5"?) and 6" respectfully)

I used both, but mostly the T-20, and it was just like "regular"....
    But that T-25 would fire me up! (getting hit by small rocks, next to roads were the worst)

Then I get a T-260 years later, and it's not that bad. Is the old T-25 around the same power as a T-270?

I guess I always figured they would have the model and the cc the same....... 20cc 25 cc 26(0) cc 27(0) cc........I would. (but @ the Shindaiwa site now, and looking at the specs.

Just something that popped in my mind, and deff. going to get a 270 soon. (never had one before, and would be more efficient on my personal 10 acres....... not all gets trimmed like it should...... like the shoe maker's kids have no shoes, and the roofer's roof leaks......just don't pay enough....lol)

2. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

pay your next door neighbor's kid $5.00 to mow it. lol

3. metro-hp_48

from TN

he he he....... hmmmmm never thought of that! 5.00 huh?
    mmmm... but if I shop around, there should be another kid from another neighborhood, that will lowball him and do it for 3.00 , or offer 7.00 and just string him along. Nah. I'll have more fun playing with a new 270, and enjoying the great outdoors. (not that bad.........some does go to "hay" though)

4. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

it could be possible that this guy just had the t-25 turned way up. not sure if you will remember, but did it seem like it ran stronger that it should have.?

5. metro-hp_48

from TN

Well, it could have been. Sadly, it was the only T-25 I ever had the chance to use, but it was strong! Alot stronger than any T-260 I've owned (all bought new)